HOME Forums Welcome: Introduce Yourself! Introductions!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Introduce YOU! Name, role, aspirations, quirky habit, 1st car… 🙂 Tell us about you…

Intentionaleaders Wentland
    Keymaster

Cyndi!! Founder of Intentionaleaders, which is now my full time gig. My aspiration is to help people to become the kind of leader they want to be. To be powerful, confident, prepared, HAPPY, courageous and connected. My joy is helping other’s learn, transform and laugh along the way. Favorite car was our beloved Grandmothers 57 pink Rambler with push button transition. Siblings had some amazing times in that vehicle! Did you all know I love red wine?

Brad Babler
    Participant

Hi, my name is Brad and I am the Operations Director for Intentionaleaders LLC. I am excited to be on this journey with Cyndi and we hope you are too. Cyndi has a ton of experience and knowledge that she will share with you to help you get to where you want to be as a leader. I never really had a favorite car. My dream car has always been a BMW and someday I will have it, even if only for a short time.

Keymaster

Will it be a convertible?

Brad Babler
    Participant

Yes of course it will be.

Francois Brunet
    Participant

Hello Intentionaleaders Community! My name is Francois. I enjoy learning and solving different problems in different contexts. This is my second career and my second country. Country #1 was Canada, where I grew up and learned the ropes of my first career in laser engineering. North of the border I worked mainly on high-power industrial systems used in flash memory manufacturing. Here in the US I ran a small semiconductor factory. Career #2 is business information systems, mainly software engineering. I am passionate about leadership and showing a good example. It’s hard, and I need to constantly work on it, hence my participation here.

My first vehicle was a blue Honda Civic with no functioning speakers. My current one is a bright aqua Surly Bridge Club with no functioning speakers.

Sarah Best
    Participant

Hello!
    My name is Sarah Best. My background (and passion)is in training, coaching and talent development. I’ve spent the last 25 years working in the financial services industry supporting and facilitating learning on a myriad of topics including leadership, communication, sales and personal finance. In addition, I instruct a leadership-related series at a local community college. I love learning, growing and trying new things-lately I’ve been diving into the world of remote learning. I’m thrilled to be a part of this community and look forward to connecting with and learning from all of you!

My first car was a 1985 Toyota Corolla. It was tiny but fierce-that car was like the energizer bunny, it kept going and going!

Julie Wentland
    Participant

Hello Intentionaleaders Community. My name is Julie Wentland. Yes, the family name is the same as the Founding member, but even though the name is common, our career paths have been on different trajectories, especially in the area of leadership!

My background, at least academically, started in Mechanical Engineering – from Aircraft Engines to Aircraft Wheels & Brakes to Automotive Anti-lock Brake sensors to Automotive Frames to Medical Equipment. I have not done any true design work for years, moving into more program leadership roles. Although the word “leadership” is in the title, it feels more like herding people to finish things right the first time or just taking on too much myself to get things done. Engineers = problem solvers = brute force (at times) = work expands to the level of time given (a schedule? But I have so many more ideas!!!)

So, why am I here? My desire is really figure out a way to work differently – even if that takes me into retirement towards who knows what. Some of the best days at work are when we are all openly sharing our knowledge and seeing where the ideas grow and go. I am excited to learn from the entire Intentionaleaders community, as well as following the ABC’s in each of the modules. There may be some skills that I find already hiding in my toolbox and, more likely, many skills and tools to be added to that box – who wouldn’t want that?

To add to what Cyndi said above about our Grandma’s ’59 pink rambler with pushbuttons, the first car I was able to purchase was a white Gremlin. I do not even remember what year it was, but it ran and came with a dent so I didn’t have to worry about adding any more! I have many dreams about convertibles and cars with super speed, those are only dreams. To me, a reliable and safe vehicle to get me to where I am going is the priority. In style? There is no topping the pink rambler.

Michele Anderson
    Participant

HELLO !

My name is Michele Anderson. My background is in education. I taught math for 14 years (my true passion) at a community college before I got into Banking. I am now in the mortgage industry. I look forward to learning from each of you as I continue self development!

My first car was a Fiat X19. It didn’t have a speedometer (I used the RPMs) or Reverse! I was limited in where I could park. Each of my 5 brothers had a Fiat X19 as well so for my sister’s wedding they had a line of different colored Fiats following the limo! It was a sight to see! I wish I had that picture, but it was taken on a polaroid so who knows where it is now.

Michele Anderson
    Participant

My favorite red is Col di Saso. I buy it by the case! They have it at Tutto Pasta in Madison.

Brad Babler
    Participant

Welcome to the Intentionaleaders Community Michele.

Jennifer Holmes
    Participant

Hello all!

My name is Jennifer Holmes and I am a Section Chief for the State of WI Department of Transportation. I love my job because I get to really focus on developing people to reach their full potential in this role.

My aspiration is to live on a boat. I am currently working toward a degree in Environmental Science, after which, I plan to volunteer aboard a Sea Shepherd ship (say that three times fast) and find a way to have an impact towards conservation and ocean research in a big way.

My favorite car is a Tesla or any other automated vehicle. I will likely never own one, as I won’t need one living off-shore.

I look forward to working with each of you as we sharpen and hone each other’s skills.

Paige Martin
    Participant

Hello all 🙂

I’m Paige Martin and I’m currently an Audit – Team Lead at First Business Bank. I’ve been auditing since I graduated college from UW-L in 2015. I love that I get to travel, meet new people, and see new industries every week – well, pre-COVID.

A few of my favorite things include working out, boating, trying new foods/restaurants and drinking wine (hey Cyndi!!).

I’m a lifelong learner, and have really gotten into personal development since stepping into my new role. I hope to not only become a better leader for myself, but for my team.

Oh, and my first car was a 2001 Toyota Camry named Slim, for the pinstripe along the body.

Keymaster

Welcome Jennifer! You’ve had a fascinating past from a career perspective–and sounds like an adventurous future! Excited to learn with you!

Keymaster

Hi Paige! Your commitment to learning is impressive. I hope someday AGAIN you get to travel with more reckless abandon. Someday. So glad you joined our community!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.