HOME Forums Leadership Presence: Questions & Progress Your Experience with Leadership Presence

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

How do you define presence? Why do you want more of it?

Francois Brunet
    Participant

The four aspects of leadership presence (composure, connection, clarity, confidence) resonate with me. When I saw the video, I thought: “well yeah, that’s what I need to do”. But trying to define this before I saw your material, I would summarize that leadership presence is “being someone others look up to”. Being an example of maturity and resolve.

Someone with lots of experience, maturity and resolve once told me, as a joke “I want to be like you when I grow up”. This had nothing to do with leadership, I had just caught a mistake in his research paper. Nonetheless the expression stuck. When I see leaders with great presence, I am thinking “I want to be like you when I grow up”.

Sarah Best
    Participant

I think of presence as influence. It’s having awareness of yourself-your emotions, your actions and understanding how this translates to and impacts others. Your presence has the ability to inspire, to build confidence in others and to encourage them to learn, grow and try new things. In contemplating this, I’m thinking not only of presence in a leadership-focused way but also my presence as a mother with my young kids.

Intentionaleaders Wentland
    Keymaster

Francois, I’ve thought that exact same thought about you! When I grow up, I want to be like him! I love the words maturity and resolve. They evoke a lot for me as well, maturity can be about wisdom, perspective, insight or even recognizing/accepting what I do not know. Resolve is something I also value–the determination to commit, continue, persevere. We were both raised with that value front and center!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.